Many thanks to our friend, Cat Michaels, who nominated us for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. It is an honor to have been chose by you Cat – it is very much appreciated. Please give Cat’s Corner a quick visit to say hello!
This is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire them and who are motivated to make the blogosphere a beautiful place.
Once nominated, there are some rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
7 Facts You Don’t Know About Me
1. I secretly derive pleasure from playing “Just Dance” on our Nintendo WII U when the kids are in school.
2. I may not be the most creative chef in the world, but I have a knack for finding the best recipes for certain dishes. That is why I have the best guacamole recipe, the best oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, the best restaurant style chicken nacho recipe, and so on.
3. I have to fight my cravings for Old Dutch Sour Cream and Green Onion chips – geez those are so good!
4. I am a distant cousin of Ellen Degeneres. We have a common ancestor going back many generations, and we are specifically 7th cousins, once removed.
5. I wear a Jawbone (fitness band) daily to remind me to hit 10,000 steps – which I sometimes do. Well, it’s getting better anyways.
6. In the evening, I like to cross-stitch. I have a project that I’m currently working on that my Great-Grandmother brought with her from France when she moved to Canada over a century ago.
7. I love to hike and often head up into the Rockies to go on day-long hikes with my children. Our highlight was completing a 9 km hike (round trip, I believe) to the top of Mount Seymour (my son was only 7 at the time). Check out the view:
Nomination of Other Bloggers
Well, this may be cheesy and I know I’m breaking the rules, but I’m going to forego nominating other bloggers for the award. I cannot imagine having to choose only a limited number of bloggers when I know of so many who are so deserving. Hope you enjoyed reading my post!