Welcome to the 8th Kid Lit Blog Hop. We had a very high number of links in the last Hop – 85! And, I’m proud to say that I visited each and every one of those links and tweeted something from each participating blog or author. I am also pleased to announce that we have a new permanent hostess: Katie from Youth Literature Reviews (our co-hostess from last week). Big, big welcome Katie! We are always seeking some co-hostesses, so don’t be shy … we’d love to have you!
To remind everyone, we are back to our normal schedule in February (the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month). Enjoy the Hop!
<div align="center"><a href="http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/category/kid-lit-blog-hops/" title="Kid Lit Blog Hop"><img src="http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kid-Lit-Blog-Hop-Button-Sep-2012-e1349976901756.jpg" alt="Kid Lit Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Suggestions For How to Participate:
1. Although not mandatory, we ask that you kindly follow your hostesses and co-hostesses. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.). If you leave us a comment on our websites, we will be sure to follow you back.
Our Co-Hostess for This Week:
*** My preferred way to be followed is by email. If you leave me a comment saying you subscribed, I will reciprocate and subscribe to your site as well if I’m not already a subscriber. This is what it’s all about. I’m interested in connecting with other Kid Lit enthusiasts!
All email subscribers to Mother Daughter Book Reviews are automatically entered into our Monthly Book Giveaway (click to see the current month’s giveaway, on-going). If you are not currently a subscriber, you can become one by simply entering your name here and clicking “Subscribe”.
You will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription. Click confirm and voilà – you are subscribed and automatically entered into the monthly draws! ***
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don’t link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Check out some other books. Don’t be a stranger, go see what books other families are checking out, and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you’re linking up. If you’d prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.