Welcome to the 20th Kid Lit Blog Hop. Hope those of you in the Northern Hemisphere are enjoying your summer. For those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, I am sending you many rays of sunshine!
The Kid Lit Blog Hop takes place on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. This Hop is a dynamic and engaged community of children’s books bloggers, authors, publishers, and publicists, as well as parents seeking out their next great read. So, you are more than welcome to link in and take some time to make some new friends.
Before we begin, I just wanted to let you all know (in case you hadn’t seen it), that we are joining with Katie from Youth Literature Reviews in hosting the Best of Summer 2013 Kid Lit Giveaway Hop. If you are a children’s, youth, or young adult book blogger looking to share copies of a fabulous book that you have read or are planning to read over July and August 2013 you are welcome to join this Hop. Authors, publishers, and publicists are, of course, also welcome to join in as always. In acknowledgement of our friends in the Southern Hemisphere who are experiencing the opposite season, you are more than welcome to grab some of our sunshine and link up as well!
Sign-ups for this fun event are NOW OPEN. Click on the graphic below for more information.
Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
<div align="center"><a href="/category/kid-lit-blog-hops/" title="Kid Lit Blog Hop"><img src="/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kid-Lit-Blog-Hop-Button-Sep-2012-e1349976901756.jpg" alt="Kid Lit Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Kid Lit Blog Hop Rules *Please Read*
1. We ask that you kindly follow your hostesses and co-hostesses. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.), but we’ve added our preferences below. If you could just give us a quick “follow” or “like” that would be much appreciated! Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us (i.e., on Twitter or Facebook or on our websites) and we will be sure to follow you back. Thanks!
Julie Grasso, Author of Escape From the Forbidden Planet/Blogger *
Cheryl Carpinello, Author of Guinevere & The King’s Ransom / Blogger *
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don’t link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Please visit AT LEAST the TWO LINKS directly ahead of your own and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you’re linking up. If you’d prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.