Welcome to the 15th Kid Lit Blog Hop. The Kid Lit Blog Hop takes place on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. We have managed to create a dynamic and engaged community of children’s books bloggers, authors, publishers, and publicists, as well as parents seeking out their next great read. So, you are more than welcome to link in and take some time to make some new friends.
I want to take this opportunity to welcome a new permanent hostess on the Hop: Cheryl Carpinello. Cheryl is the author of Guinevere: On the Eve of Legend and The King’s Ransom (Young Knights of the Round Table) and she also blogs over at Carpinello’s Writing Pages. Big, big welcome to you Cheryl!
Before we get on with the Hop I do want to remind you that the sign-ups for the Kid Lit Giveaway Hop, co-hosted by Mother Daughter Book Reviews and Youth Literature Reviews is NOW OPEN but they will close May 10th. The Kid Lit Giveaway Hop is taking place to honor Children’s Book Week (May 13 to 19, 2013). Children’s book or teen literature bloggers, authors, publishers, or publicists looking to share copies of a fabulous book are welcome to link in a giveaway for fabulous children/teen’s books, gift cards, cash, or other prizes. What better way to celebrate Children’s Book Week? Click on the poster below for more information.
One more thing… I wanted to give a little shoutout to Children’s Book Author, J.R. Barker who nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blog Award. I just wanted to acknowledge you and your post and send you a very big THANK YOU! J.R. is the author of The Adventures of the Frog Prince, which provides a new twist on an old fairy tale.
Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
<div align="center"><a href="/category/kid-lit-blog-hops/" title="Kid Lit Blog Hop"><img src="/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kid-Lit-Blog-Hop-Button-Sep-2012-e1349976901756.jpg" alt="Kid Lit Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Suggestions For How to Participate:
1. Although not mandatory, we ask that you kindly follow your hostesses and co-hostesses. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.), but we’ve added our preferences below. If you could just give us a quick “follow” or “like” that would be much appreciated! Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us (i.e., on Twitter or Facebook or on our websites) and we will be sure to follow you back. Thanks!
Julie Grasso, Author of Escape From the Forbidden Planet/Blogger *
Cheryl Carpinello, Author of Guinevere & The King’s Ransom / Blogger *
Ang @ Juggling Act Mama *
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don’t link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Check out some other books. Don’t be a stranger, go see what books other families are checking out, and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you’re linking up. If you’d prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.