Welcome to the 13th Kid Lit Blog Hop. I’m baaaaaack! Destination to be announced – look for it in one of our upcoming posts. I have a lot to share with you about what our family did for Spring Break. The picture that appeared in our header while we were on break provided a bit of a clue.
Before we get on with the Hop though I want to say a big THANK YOU to Bruce from The Bookshelf Gargoyle who honoured the hostesses of the Kid Lit Blog Hop with a collective award called the Gargie (aka The Order of the Stony Groove) recognizing the Hop for “the outstanding contribution of this particular hop to bloggers of a bookish persuasion” (in the words of Bruce, the gargoyle behind the Bookshelf). So Bruce, on behalf of all the hostesses of the Kid Lit Blog Hop: Thank You! * big smooches * For more information about the Gargies please click on the badge below.
I hope you all enjoyed our last Hop. I see that we have quite a few new faces who have joined us. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to Hop around last time, but I hope to connect with some of our new Kid Lit community members this time around so please do join us again. Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
<div align="center"><a href="http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/category/kid-lit-blog-hops/" title="Kid Lit Blog Hop"><img src="http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kid-Lit-Blog-Hop-Button-Sep-2012-e1349976901756.jpg" alt="Kid Lit Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Suggestions For How to Participate:
1. Although not mandatory, we ask that you kindly follow your hostesses and co-hostesses. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.), but we’ve added our preferences below. If you could just give us a quick “follow” or “like” that would be much appreciated! Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us (i.e., on Twitter or Facebook or on our websites) and we will be sure to follow you back. Thanks! 🙂
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don’t link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Check out some other books. Don’t be a stranger, go see what books other families are checking out, and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you’re linking up. If you’d prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.
We would love to have you on our email list so we can let you know about new book reviews, spotlights, and giveaways as well as any information about the Kid Lit Blog Hop and other special feature articles.
Won’t you please sign up by entering your email address below? Thank you!